Tuesday 30 July 2013

What has Jayne been putting through her mask?

Good Morning Splodgy Splodgers,

How are you all today? Hello to our new followers. I was checking the statistics of the blog last night, we have visitors from America, Germany, Italy, Spain and other countries so thank you to everybody who visits the SplodgeAway Blog and views the amazing work from the DT Team.

Today Jayne is sharing her wonderful project for the 'Through Your Mask' week


"I love squishing different mediums through my Splodgeaway masks. The only problem is I forget to stop!"



"This was created with various SplodgeAway Masks. The base was dry-brushed acrylic paint covered with a wash of dye based ink. I used tumbled glass distress ink sponged lightly through the flower mask and outlined it with a white gel pen. This faded into the background to create a subtle texture. I then used  snow-tex coloured with re-inker and scraped it through the mask which resulted in a bold circles pattern. As this overpowered the piece a little once it was dry I sanded some of it back, softening the look and left just a few bolder parts."




"I like the fact that loads of texture and interest can be added with just a few masks and a few different mediums. I love the overall ‘faded’ look of this piece. Hope you like it and are inspired to experiment  yourselves!" Thanx for looking , Hugz, Jayne xxx

Thank you Jayne for more great work! Check out Jayne's Blog for more of her fabby work.

Enjoy your day

Susan xx

9 comments:

  1. Wow what a gorgeous background, really beautiful!
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant background, looks superb with the Steampunk image, the colours are great too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just "up my street". Briiliant texture and colours. Love iit x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jayne what a fabulous piece of work. So not like you. Why have we not seen this side of you before.lolx
    Oh dear hope this didnt sound like your previous work was no good. not meant to as your work is always gorgeous.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jayne hope you are well. I love this, it almost looks like leather you can tell you worked into those layers. Sam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really lovely project, it looks so full of texture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great project, I love all that texture and the colours a fab too

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow wow wow wow wow!!!! I love what you have created . Great layering and use of several mask, super techniques and description too. This is soooo me!!! LOVE IT!!!
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete