Wednesday 24 July 2013

Claire's Summer Loving!

Good Morning Splodgers,

I hope
you are all well and enjoying the weather. Tom was busy busy busy finishing off new designs and also working on a new product :-) I feel I may of jinxed the weather when I thought of the theme 'Summer Loving' as although it is hot and stuffy the sun is hiding.

So, today we carry on with 'Summer Loving' and Claire Snowdon is showcasing her beautiful card.




'I started my project by embossing a piece of the Easy Ink card using the Oriental bamboo mask and the grand calibur.  I then coloured the card all over using squeezed lemonade distress ink and my SplodgeAway Mat.  I then overlaid the Oriental Bamboo mask, using the embossed areas to guide me, and used peacock feather distress ink around the outside of the frame and tumbled glass for the inner corners of the mask.  I cut the circle out of the middle of the card and then used a navy pro marker to create a border around the outside edge.

I took a piece of the High Res card and stamped the hydrangea image, from inkylicious.  I coloured the image with my promarkers and placed it in the centre of my 8x8 card blank.  I took my oriental bamboo inked card and placed a piece of acetate behind the circle aperture.  I layered this over the card blank using foam pads so it appears the hydrangea is outside a window.'


Thank you Claire for your lovely project, it has definately cheered me up! I also like the green and yellow coloured scheme, something abit different to yellow and orange.

Over on the SplodgeAway website Tom has added lots of new 8"x8" Masks.










Enjoy your day and see you all tomorrow

Susan xx

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Claire, love the colour, xxx Zoe xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card Claire!! Think I NEEDZ these maskies.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely fresh card Claire. the bamboo mask is another of my favs.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunning card!!! Love this mask and its my all time fav!!! You have worked with gorgeous colours to create a stunning effect and the stamped image is so detiled.!! Love it !
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Claire, love the centre piece, its fits well with the mask. Sam x

    ReplyDelete