Tuesday 2 July 2013

Claire's

Good Morning Everybody,

How are you all today? I am very excited, (depending on when you read this post
) as Tom and Hazel are on Create and Craft today at 2pm and 6pm. I love the masks that are on today especially the Altered Art Kit!! Check the SplodgeAway website for the masks and also the Create and Craft Website. As of tomorrow we will also have the DT showcase of all the amazing samples created for the show :-)

I think you will agree with me when I say with have a FANTASTIC DT team and THANK YOU for all your hard work and enthusiasm!!!

Today is the last day of the SplodgeAway 'Anything but a Card' Week. I must admit this has been one of my favourites week on the blog. Claire has made an amazing tag....



I used a Ranger manilla #10 tag for my project.  I used Dylusions sprays in cut grass, melted chocolate and pure sunshine on the background.  I then used the Swirly Lattice Mask and spritzed water through it to create the ghosting effect on the background.  I used the Clockwork Border Mask to draw around and cut out to create the border along the bottom of the tag.  I then used this mask again with mustard seed and vintage photo distress ink along the bottom and on the side of the tag.  I then took the Alphabet Border Mask and used vintage photo the create the effect on the left of the tag.  The face was created using vintage photo and black soot distress ink through the Mask of Many Faces.
I took the Swirly Lattice Mask again and placed it in the top right corner of the tag, I spread a thin layer of grunge paste through the mask and left it to dry.  Once dry I highlighted the grunge paste with treasure gold gilding wax and also along the clockwork border at the bottom edge of the tag.  The sentiment is by Dyan Reaveley and was stamped and cut out before adding to the tag.  Finally the edges were coloured with black soot distress ink and I added a brown ribbon to the top
.

Thank you Claire, I love this tag, I think it is so effective using several masks. For more of Claire's work please check out her blog.

Check back tomorrow for the Show Showcase :-)

Have a lovely day and thank you for following us

Susan x x

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tag, beautiful background for that fab face mask, CAn't wait to see the shows!
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous tag, love that background the colours are beautiful xx Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Absolutely love this hun. Gorjus colors n so much depth . LOVE it x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super tag Claire, I love those colours together, just awesome

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb!!!! Love that mask. It really works wonders with the face here and draws the eye right in!! Great colours!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh I love this Claire!!! its a stunner :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colours on this tag x

    ReplyDelete