Monday 1 July 2013

Jayne's Anything but a Card Project.

Good Morning Splodgy Splodgers,

How are you today?
I hope you all had a lovely weekend and have something nice planned for this week.

Just a reminder that Tom and Hazel will be back on Create and Craft tomorrow at 2pm and 6pm. As of Wednesday we will have a showcase week of the DT cards so that you can have a closer look at the fab samples.

Today Jayne is showcasing her Altered Art Project

  Woohoo... I love this sort of challenge! Something to get my teeth into! I decided to go all out and do something completely different from my recent offerings –something on fabric.



I came up with this lavender tag which I made with a piece of raw silk. I coloured the background using spray inks and various SplodgeAway Masks and  then added the silver swirl with a different mask and fabric paint. I over stamped with archival ink and a text stamp and stamped the bird. Unfortunately the bird didn’t show up very well so I embroidered around the image with metallic floss and coloured it with inktense pencils.I drew the shape freehand and sewed it by machine to make the tag shape. I then added an eyelet, heart charm, lace and ribbon and finished the decoration by attaching various fibres tied with beads and  buttons.I stuffed it lightly, added some lavender and sewed it closed.

WOW Jayne, this is amazing! I think Holly needs this tag so that she sleeps!

Thank you Jayne, for more of Jayne's beautiful artwork check out her blog.
Also, tomorrow when Tom is on TV is a great chance to see more of Jayne's amazing work!

Check back tomorrow to see what piece Claire has made,

I had better go now and help SplodgeAway move into their new unit :-)

Susan x x

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Jayne this is superb! So different and sew clever lol! I love it, this is just the sort of thing that would sell very well at craft fairs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tag is really beautiful. How in the world do you come up with so many wonderful ideas!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant idea, I love it, like Zoe says I bet they would sell well

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a creative idea and so beautiful!
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Jayne... Who's a clever girl;-) x

    ReplyDelete