Sunday 14 July 2013

Carol's Favourite Technique

Good Morning Splodgers,

How are you all? I hope the weather is as beautiful where you are as it is here. We are off to a birthday party today, Holly's first childrens party so we are very excited. At the end of the row of shops where we are based is a DIY shop ran by Carlos and it is his little boys party, Happy Birthday Zenon x
Today we are showcasing Carol Tadden's 'Favourite Technique' and what an amazing job she has done considering her son is poorly at the minute, so I would like to say a really big THANK YOU to Carol and also GET WELL SOON to her son.




Here I have used my favourite technique which is using the masks with metal to create a framed wall hanging. Some masks have been put through a Spellbinders machine and others have been created by hand. In all I have used 6 of my masks and distressed the whole using a chocolate brown paint dabber, swiped back so that the colour sits in the crevices created by the mask.
Alcohol inks in meadow and espresso were used to lightly colour the background. The other toppers were similarly made and attached onto the background
The stamps I have used are from Darkroom Door and I especially love the saying....hence the idea to use keys and keyholes.
Hoping you will all give this a try. The metal I used was heavy weight but similar effects can be used with regular kitchen foil!!.



WOW..What can I say Carol!! I want to make one of these and I love the fact that everytime you look at it you notice another element.....

You really do need to check out Carol's blog to see more amazing work.


Right off you all go to enjoy this weather,

Susan xx

8 comments:

  1. Wow! Carol, this is amazing, and 6 masks, must of taken ages? Hope your son gets better soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! Ive never used my masks with metal but I want a go NOW! X x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the effect you've achieved Carol - it's just so grungy! I've never tried using my masks with metal either. Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Carol this is amazing!
    Absolutely love it xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, fab wall hanging, I love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness me this is stunning! So much detail and I love the aged effect with the inks and paint
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete