Friday 7 June 2013

Yvonne's SplodgeAway Mat Technique

Good Evening Splodgers,

How are you are all? We have not long been home from our amazing holiday when I checked the blog and 2 scheduled posts had disappeared...arrghhh....sorry Yvonne..so I am doing it again and it will stay on until 12 midday tomorrow.



So today Yvonne is showcasing her card using the SplodgeAway Mat to brayer. Not long after the SplodgeAway Mat was released released the Queen of Brayering herself  realised that we could help save the rainforest using this mat :-)



  Until getting my SplodgeAway Mat, to be honest, I'd struggled with my brayering.

This piece of work would have been impossible for me to complete without my trusty SplodgeAway Mat.  I used Butterscotch Adirondack for the sky with Mountain Rose Adirondack coming in from the bottom.

Before obtaining my SplodgeAway Mat I struggled with lines on my work when brayering but suddenly all my problems were over!  No more wheelies, no more wasted copy paper and more importantly perfect blending.  I also waste no ink as I can go back to the mat time and again with my brayer picking up the ink which has been blushered in.  When my work is finished I spray a fine mist of water on to my SplodgeAway Mat and pick up the remaining ink on a spare piece of card to be used on a future project.

I've now also invested in an 8 x 8" mat to take to my local craft club so I'm never caught out!!

 Thank you Yvonne, that card is beautiful and I love the combination of colour.

Don't forget you can buy your SplodgeAway Mat direct from SplodgeAway.com.

Take Care

Susan
xx

8 comments:

  1. Oh stunning Yvonne! The colours are sensational. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning and love the bright colours, just beautiful!
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous gorgeous creation super blending and loving those colours !! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is gorgeous, love those colours and perfectly brayered too!
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card hun. LOVE the colours x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beautiful card Yvonne. The blending is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry I missed this Yvonne, not a bad project? OK its beautiful xxx Sam

    ReplyDelete