Friday 21 June 2013

Yvonne's Favourite Mask

Good Morning Splodgers,

How are you all today? I hope you are all well and that you have something exciting ready for the weekend.

This weekend Suzicraft is having a MEGA SALE DAY on the Saturday.

10am Start...Suzicraft, 5 Portrack Court, Stockton on Tees, TS18 2XB

01642 605117




Today Yvonne has chosen her favourite SplodgeAway Mask which is the 'Flower Creator 3'. This is a very versatile mask and is perfect for inking, embossing, spraying and so much more...

Well.............. the biggest challenge with this posting is how on earth do you choose your 
favourite mask???  Impossible.
For the Tag I made a background using my Gelli Plate and acrylic paints.  Out of the Gelli prints
 I cut a tag, 3 flowers (layered from the different sized flowers in the mask) and my wording
 "Every day holds the possibility of a Miracle". I blended Distress Ink, Black Soot, around the 
edge of the tag and around the words to add the finishing touches.

I then ran the mask and the tag through the Grand Caliber and touched the embossed
 flowers with gilding wax to add interest to the Tag. All then assembled with a ribbon tie in the
 top and the project was finished. Hope you like it.So I narrowed it down and down and was left with the flower maker mask.  I decided to
 make a Tag and to also show you a birthday card I made for my daughter which was inspired by
 the lovely Maria Simms also using this mask.



Thank you to Yvonne for these beautiful cards. Check out Yvonne's blog for even more inspirational work.

Check back tomorrow for more amazing work from our Design Team,

Susan
x


10 comments:

  1. Oh 2 superb creations Yvonne, I love them both, they are so "up my street" I use Splodgeaway masks on my Gelli plate a lot, it's one of my favourite techniques right now!
    The colours are gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Yvonee love these. The tag is so vibrant and sunny to lift the mood.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous work Yvonne, I especially love the tag, it's so uplifting and happy. Hugs P xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice work Yvonne. Love these xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry yvonne. I commented yesterday n its disappeared!? Anyway I love both ur projects. The soft colours on ur daughters card are so pretty BUT. . . . . The tag is stunning! The colours are so vibrant and the flowers are gorjus. Il have to get my mask out n have a go- i need some of those flowers! X x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh My!!!! Love both of these!!1 The tag is gorgeous, love those vibrant colours and the dimension of this and such a contrast to the soft pastels of your beautiful card. Need this one!!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow.... Love them both it the tag is fab... Makes me want a jelly plate!!!:-( x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow that tag is amazing x

    ReplyDelete