Tuesday 18 June 2013

Carol's Chosen her favourite mask have you?

Good Morning All,

I hope you are all well this morning. The weather seems to be nice and sunny but I haven't been outside yet so it could be a lie! I hope wherever you are the weather is doing what you want it to do.

Today we are carrying on the theme with 'My Favourite SplodgeAway Mask' and Carol has been kind enough to showcase her fab cards.

Carol has chose 'Card King' as her favourite mask, this 6"x6" Mask is perfect for masking, embossing, stencilling, spraying and much more and for a bargain price of £3.45 why not buy yourself one.


Both of these makes have been created using the 'Card King' mask. I love this mask and have used it often in so many different ways. It's a great Man Mask!! Why are men so difficult to make cards for? I really like the fact that this mask lends itself not only to being used in its entirety, but also can easily be lined up and used for making corners, borders etc. in 1,2,3, or four different widths. It is also an easy mask to use with Distress inks, not too many fiddly bits and also easy to use as a stencil.....both of these have been used in these makes. It's not just for the males though as you can see from the tag, it's great for ladies too. This is a super mask which lends itself to both modern and vintage themes too.
The first make is a large tag, I coloured in three shades of Distress inks and blended with the SplodgeAway Mat. I then masked of areas and blended through the mask in Aged mahogany, other areas I used Versamark through the mask. OOHH. That Aged Mahogany was way too dark so covered the entire mask with a  water Snowflake Paint, to tone it down. Had forgotten about the Versamark but revelation!!! it highlighted it by somehow attaching itself to the underneath distress ink!! Love the effect it made. I made four tiny hearts with cookie cutters using the meltpot. In my stash of wonders found some tiny playing cards, which I also distressed. lastly my Queen of Hearts. I do have a thing about Marie Antoinette! I made this up a little smaller than an A.T.C. and used found images and plaque from Lawrence Lewellyn Bowen, which I love. All was attached as shown. Feminine and vintage.
My second is a card more modern, much brighter and for the man this time!! I used the mask as a stencil and drew around the areas to make a border, This was then coloured using Promarkers. This time I utilized a small pack of tissues for the playing cards as they needed to be small. I often collect these as I know I will need them at sometime for crafting. LOL !! I used one layer of the tissue and stuck the images on to card and then cut them out, as with the central border. Mounted these onto foam pads...higher at the top so they appear more as if they are being held. The 4 tiny charms I bought just a few days ago half price and they fitted the theme of the card.
So there is my favourite mask. Hope you enjoyed seeing what I made with it.
Carol xx

Thank you Carol for these lovely cards showing the versatility of the SplodgeAway Masks. Carol has more inspiring work on her blog so call over and say hello :-)

Check back tomorrow for more of the DT's Favourite Masks :-)

Enjoy your day and thanks for calling by,

Susan x



9 comments:

  1. Wow! Both fantastic and so different, I love this mask too! Like you said it's great for men's cards, love what you've done with it, the tag is gorgeous, vintage and could easily be for a woman too, the card is clean and crisp and stunning xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both of these, love the tissue idea, will need to search for some now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards carol. I love this mask 2- perfect for creating fab mens cards! X x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both great cards Carol and sooooooooo different. just shows how versatile the masks can be. Lovely work.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Carol - so versatile as you've demonstrated in the two entirely different projects.
    Love them both xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both great projects Carol - I have always loved this mask too. Sam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow beautiful work Carol, love them both
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous carol... have never seen tissues like this, i collect napkins for future use but will be on the lookout for these now too x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks all for you lovely comments. For those interested most garden centres have a stand with great little packs of tissues on. That's where I find mine! Hope that helps. xx

    ReplyDelete