Sunday 16 June 2013

Kay's Splodge Project


 HAPPY FATHERS DAY to all those Fathers and Grandad's out there.

Holly would like this opportunity on the blog to say...Happy Father's Day Daddy, I love you very much!

Today is the last day of the 'SplodgeAway Mat' Week. I hope the team have given you some inspiration to do something different with your mat. Today Kay is going to showcase her lovely bright cheerful card.

Well what can I say!
Before my SplodgeAway Mat days although I always wanted to do more stamping and inking my results didnt inspire me on to do more. From the day I got my mat that all changed. Now it is always on my work space ready to use and IS used daily. I use it not only to blend inks but also to create effects as a paint pallet etc. It is very economical with inks so they go a lot further. No need to waste any as you can create backgrounds with what you dont use as I have demonstrated with my card.

The flower card was made using the new flower creator.
I started by making five flowers using a combination of shaded lilac and dust concord and pickled raspberry and then cutting them out. I kept all the colours on the SplodgeAway Mat and didnt clean off as I then spritzed with water and wiped a piece of easy ink around it. This created a lovely matching background and also saved me from wasting any ink. When dry I then blended in some of the leaves in peeld paint and pine needles. The flowers were then glued on, the background attached to some lilac pearl card and embellished with toning ribbon and gems.
Thank you to all of the Design Team for the wonderful projects we have seen this week.

Have a wonderful day,

Susan x x

12 comments:

  1. lovely card the colours are clean and crisp xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Stunning Kay, those flowers are beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely bright n cheerful card kay x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow those flowers are stunning, beautiful card
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A stunning card!! Love the colours you have used and how clever to have used the inked mat for the creation of the background!! Will remember to do this. Ensures perfect colour match. Gorgeous flowers1
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I forgot to say "gorgeous photo" lovely to see Tom and little Holly enjoying the day xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card Kay.... I always know these are yours as I know u love sitting cutting out;-) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful realistic flowers I wish I could manage something like it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary you could do this. its so easy with the masks.x

      Delete
  9. Beautiful realistic flowers I wish I could manage something like it

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know why my comment didn't show on this Kay. Very pretty flowers and a lovely layout too. Sam

    ReplyDelete