Sunday 23 June 2013

Good Morning Splody Splodgers,

How are you all today? I hope you had a lovely weekend even with the rain. I do apologise for the late post, this weekend has been rather hectic so I forgot about the blog :-(

Exciting News.

As most of you are aware SplodgeAway is currently being run from the Suzicraft Shop but with bigger orders and exciting prospects on the horizon SplodgeAway is moving out after the next Create and Craft Show into their own unit so we are all very excited :-)

Last of our DT's 'Favourite Mask' today and Claire has been kind enough to share her mask with us.

Claire has chosen the SplodgeAway 'Bountiful Flourish' Mask.


I used a piece of the Easy Ink card and the Bountiful Flourish mask to create my card.  I placed the mask on the easy ink and used pumice stone distress ink all over the card - moving the mask around as I went to create lots of flourishes.  I then repeated this process using crushed olive distress ink.  I distressed the edges of the card with pumice stone distress ink and then matted onto silver.  I created the sentiment panel by die cutting the easy ink card, stamped the sentiment, and then distressed the edges using the crushed olive distress ink.  This was matted onto die cut silver card and mounted onto the card front with foam pads.



Thank you so much for checking out the blog and make sure you call over to Claire's blog to see more fantastic work.

Tomorrow is the start of  a new project so please call back.

Susan xx

7 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. The background is awesome and the shiny card stock ties it together wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card hun. Absolutley LoVE the colours u used - they look fab. X x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is beautiful the muted colours for the background are lovely with the silver topper. Xx Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colour combination here!!!! That flourish has worked really well in creating a great background and the silver topper makes it all so elegant. Love this!!!
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant background I love the technique you've used x

    ReplyDelete