Thursday 6 June 2013

A New Week :-) SplodgeAway!

Good Morning Splodgers,

How are you all today? I hope you are all well and the weather is beautiful. As I am writing this I am hoping Cornwall has its sun shining for us aswell.

Today is the start of a new theme on the SplodgeAway Blog...we are actually focusing on where it all started...the SplodgeAway Mat!!

Last year the SplodgeAway Mat was released on Create and Craft and within minutes it had sold out and they had to even more! So you are all asking what is the fuss with this mat? Well Tom really needs to answer this and I am sure when we get back. The SplodgeAway Mat is an amazing mat and is perfect for ink blending. It is also good as so many other things which you see throughout the SplodgeAway Mat Week. It is available in 4 different sizes, 8x8, 12x12, A3 and the Demonstrator!!  All available on the website.


To kick the week off Zoe is going to share her blending technique using the SplodgeAway Mat....



I started by Splodging my ink onto my SplodgeAway Mat, I then blushered it all in 
using my blending tool, I wanted a heavy coverage on my tag so I used a lot of 
pressure, leaning slightly back on the tool using circular movements, I covered 
the rest of my tag with paper and rested my and on it so not to transfer oil 
from my hands onto my tag! 


Turning the tag round I began using the lighter colour starting at the edges and 
working inwards to join the colours, don't worry about the lines, as I blend 
together I may go over using both colours again just to get a seamless effect!
 Once achieved I spritz my mat with water and wiped clean with paper towel,
 please don't use baby wipes as the conditioners in them can clog the surface of 
the mat! But if you do by mistake you can use a bit of  nail polish remover or
 Adirondack blending solution on it to remove residue, then use water and paper 
towel to clean it off! 


Here's the blended tag, I then heat dried it with my heat tool, and used a dust
 buddy or talc on it, I stamped my tag using a gorgeous swirl stamp from Indigoblu
 using Perfect Medium ink, which is a slow drying sticky ink, then added
 Stampendous white fine detail Embossing powder, then heated using my heat tool
 to create a lovely raised and shiny effect!




Voila the finished tag! The sentiment is by Paperartsy! 

Thank you Zoe for more amazing work. Zoe has also given you some great tips for when using the SplodgeAway Mat. Check out Zoe's blog for more stunning projects :-)

Check back tomorrow to see what Yvonne does with her SplodgeAway Mat.

Thanks for stopping by,

Susan x

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tag, beautifully blended background
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super little tutorial Zoe - and I love your tag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely presented Zoe and beautiful results.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love ur tutorial Zoe n ur tag is really beautiful x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Zoe I just love this tag and the colours are super.
    Smiles
    Ita in Ireland

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous tutorial Zoe, love the finished tag it looks gorgeous.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous tag and fab tutorial! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous tag with a lovely blended backgorund.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what a gorgeous tag...
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that tag. Thanks so much for the tutorial. I learn so much from this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is lovely Zoe great job with the Embossing Powder! xxSam

    ReplyDelete