Friday 9 August 2013

Yvonne's Free Range Project!

Good Morning Sploders,

How are you all today? Yesterday Tom, myself and Holly took ourselves to Ikea to buy some fittings for the Ross PaperCraft Show a week on Sunday and it took over 2 hours to get home instead of 45 minutes! Every single road was blocked because of roadworks. We are very excited about the show so I hope you will be there if you live close by.

This week  the DT team have also been receiving their packages ready for the next show and I think it is safe to say they are as excited as I am about them.

Today we are showcasing Yvonne's Free Range Project. Yvonne has made a beautiful tag...

"Using a Manilla tag I put Distress Ink Squeezed Lemonade, Spiced Marmalade and 
Barn Door onto my SplodgeAway Mat and sprayed it with water - picking up the ink with
 the tag.  Then I sprayed with water and left to dry naturally.

Once dry I stamped the diamond argyle pattern with Spiced Marmalade - I held the 
stamp in my hand, not using a block.

With Walnut Stain Distress ink I inked through the Country Cottage Stenscape mask 
the small flower border at the bottom of the tag.

Then, using the Butterfly Creator mask, I spread iridescent paste (which I'd mixed
 with Spiced marmalade DI, through the top two butterflies.  Once they were dry I 
sponged through the markings section of the butterfly creator with Walnut Stain
 DI (this looks very subtle!).

A few gems, words and seam binding finished it off"

Regards Yvonne xxx 
Thank you Yvonne for a stunning project,

See you all tomorrow

Susan xx

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful tag Yvonne, fabulous vibrant colours, right up my street this, loving the texture paste butterflies, love that technique xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful project hun. Such vibrant colours n love the contrast of the border along the bottom.FAB ! X x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful project hun. Such vibrant colours n love the contrast of the border along the bottom.FAB ! X x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous tag Yvonne, I love the colours you've used, in fact I love evrything about it. Hugs P xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful, I love all the techniques you've used..... see you Ross papercraft xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Yvonne Love the colours bright and cheerful xx Lovely stamping too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous tag Yvonne love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous, fabulous colours and the butterflies using the texture paste are brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning tag! I love the deep burnt orange colours with the simple border at the bottom... just fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, what a fabulous project, Yvonne, stunning, love the colours and my favourite, butterflies, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yvonne you cant wack a bit of yellow and orange to brighten your day. Lovelyx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautifully done! I really like this tag a lot!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Tag Yvonne love the masking you have done on the background. Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous colours and love the butterflies. A fabulous tag!

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much everyone for all your lovely comments - you're very kind xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous. Yvonne. I love the butterflies. I only see it on my phone and thought u had decoupaged them... Think I need to invest in some of this paste x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely beautiful Yvonne.x hope you are enjoying the new one as much as I am!!!!!!!x

    ReplyDelete
  18. STUNNING!!!!! A fabulous tag with so many different techniques used. Clever you. You have created a most gorgeous tag and really used the masks well. LOVE IT
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete