Thursday 22 August 2013

Claire and her Abstraktz.

Good Morning Splodgers,

Thank y
ou for visiting us today. I hope you are all well and ready for more inspiration from our truly talented DT Team.


5 DAYS UNTIL SPLODGEAWAY APPEARS ON CREATE AND CRAFT.

Today we are continuing with the SplodgeAway 'Abstrakt' kit. I love how each member has created such a different style with the same set of masks.

Claire's samples I feel are very elegant which you wouldn't expect with this type of masks. Once again you can emboss them, ink, spray, spread various medium, etc...

"I think the Abstraktz masks are real worker masks, they are so useful for creating all kinds of different background for your projects. For my first sample I've made a vintage themed card using the mask to create a background using acrylic paint and my gelli plate."


"I've also made a little canvas using ranger tissue, I've applied Maimeri glassy gel through the mask, added a sprinkle of microbeads and left it to dry. Then I added lots of black mica spray and wiped it off the glassy gel which acts as a resist so you can see the printed tissue."


Thank you Claire, these are beautiful, check out Claire's blog for more amazing work.

Enjoy the rest of your day and don't forget to visit tomorrow,

Susan xx

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow Claire, these are really lovely, my mind went blank with the Abzraks! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Claire. The first looks so elegant. I love the colours you have used too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG these are awesome!

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both of these Claire!!!! Gorgeous colours and such a feminine feel to the first card, so beautiful. LOVE the second one!!!!!!!! Great to see the use of the mask on sheet music, so effective and what a stunning butterfly too.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete