Thursday 1 August 2013


Good Morning Splodgy Splodgers,

How are you all today? The weather just doesn't seem to know what to do so wherever you are I hope it is behaving!

Today Kay is showcasing her contribution to the 'THROUGH THE MASK' week. Poor Kay was on her way to visit us yesterday but her car broke down. I don't know how many times I have told her to stop racing that car! ;-)



"This is one of my favourite techniques for using the masks. I have used the Holly the Lot for this project, a piece of Easy Ink paper cut to size and then using a shaving brush gently brushed Distress Inks in Pine needles, barn door and scattered straw over the card and then distressed the edges with barn door.
I secured the mask over the card with paper clips and then using Sparkle medium in green I scraped over the mask apertures. I took the mask off and then coloured the berries with red stickles. To complete I added a poinsettia made using a chloe stamp, red bow and a bell die cut. This method is very simple but I think produces a dramatic effect"

Thank you Kay for this stunning card, Christmas in August! Scary. Check out Kay's blog for more stunning work.

So Kay likes to use pastes through her mask, how about you?

See you all tomorrow,

Take Care,

Susan xx

9 comments:

  1. Hi Kay, a beautiful card and great technique, I've very recently purchased some Sparkle medium myself, I'm not much of a sparkly person myself, but there are certain projects that just it and this one is perfect for it, well done, really pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorjus kay. Lovethe bright sparkly colour! - very striking! X x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card, that holly is so striking, think I may have to find me some of that sparkle medium

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really lovely sparkly card! I don't have any sparkle medium but it looks very effective on your card. Love Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful sparkly holly card Kay - love it!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Kay, love the holly with the sparkle medium.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hadn't thought to try this. Must give it a go

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeaous Kay, very sparkly x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card Kay!!! Love the clear explanations of how you created this. It is a great technique with a real wow effect!
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete