Thursday 8 August 2013

Kay's Free Range Project

Good Morning Splodgers,

I hope you are all well today and thank you for calling over.

Tom and Hazel will be back on our screens on Tuesday 27th August at 11am and 3pm so don't forget to write it on the calendar.

On Sunday 18th August SplodgeAway will be attending the Ross PaperCraft Show at Nissan Sports & Social Club, Washington Road, (A1290), Sunderland, SR5 3NS

Kay has been let loose to create her own project this week and Kay has designed that word that is forbidden to be mentioned at this time of year!


"For this project I used the Snow the Lot mask and the Camels from the Three Kings StenSkape.

I inked the card with Chipped saphire, peacock feathers and dusty concord and then sprayed with water. I then lay a piece of kitchen roll over the top and dabbed the excess off and then left card to dry. Next I placed mask over inked card and ran through the embossing machine and while mask was still in place sprayed with spray and sparkle. I also did a strip of card the same way.
For the topper I inked a piece of card with scattered straw making it deeper on the bottom and shading lighter towards the to. I then placed the three kings over and inked over with Adirondack Espresso. I did the same with the stars and palm trees. I then cut out with a die cut. Next I used the large die and cut the shape out in silver.
I cut a piece of silver slightly larger than the base card and rounded the edges and did the same with the basse card but used a fancy one this time. after mounting onto my card I then cut a piece of silver card slightly larger than my strip and mounted across centre of card.
My topper was also sprayed with spray and sparkle before being mounted onto the silver and then glued to the centre. It was finished of with a silver star on each side."
Hope you like.
Kayx

Thank you Kay for a lovely project,

Enjoy your day,

Susan xx

11 comments:

  1. Oh this is fabulous Kay, so elegant, love the background, shows off that fab mask a treat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorjus card Kay. Lovely background n colours x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW this is fabulous I love the gorgeous scene she has created.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card it is really striking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Kay and very nice camels! Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really nice card, I like the colour combo and the three kings stenskape is just a fab mask! Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone for your very kind comments. Each and every one is very much appreciated.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. just great kay your the best yet

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super design and love the snow mask!!! LOVE XMAS!!!!!!!! A really stylish look here and great to see a religious card for the season.....not long to go!!!! Ha Ha
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete