Thursday 13 December 2012

Mistletoe by Sue Jimson

Sue has showed us here how to make a super quick card, and as we know this time of year every minute counts as we have many cards to make, have a go yourself, don't forget to share your cards with us. You can get your SplodgeAway mat and masks from here






Ingredients

8x8 Scalloped White Cardstock
Piece of Easy Ink Card
Splodgeaway Mat
Splodgeaway Snowflake Mask
Iced Spruce, Pine Needles and Fired Brick Distress Inks
Red and Green Stickles
Ribbon
Spellbinders Label 17 Die
Sakura Glaze Pens in Red and Forest Green and White
Mistletoe Stamp



Recipe

Run snowflake mask through grand calibur using easy ink card, cut it down to size with border to fit your card stock. Distress embossed card with iced spruce and pine needles distress inks. Then cover the snowflakes with green stickles and leave to dry. I then stamped the mistletoe stamp and coloured it with sakura glaze pens and then ran it through the calibur using the labels 17 die, before I took it out of the die I distressed the edges with fired brick distress ink. I stuck it down with some pinflair glue to give it some dimension and then I made a little rhyme up printed it off, distressed edges with the fired brick and then attached it to my card. I made two bows from my ribbon and attached to the top edges of my card. I then went around the edge of the embossed piece of card with some red glitter stickles, I also glittered a few of the green leaves on the stamp. Hope you like it, its a simple and quick card to do and at this time of year every minute counts! TFL huggles xxxxxxxxx
Sue


3 comments:

  1. Aww love the rhyme Sue you are so talented ! The card is very pretty .... just right for Christmas.:)
    Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card as usual Jimbo. Did you make the rhyme yourself? Clever whatsit.lolx I wasnt so inventive and just did a well known christmas one. Cant say as isnt going on till 15th.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just catching up - lovely card really love the colours. Your rhyme is great too. Sam

    ReplyDelete