Monday 31 December 2012

Happy New year! Time to party with Sam

Let us start by wishing everyone a very Happy new year, in some parts of the world you may of already celebrated, for us in the UK we have aproximatly 17 hours until Midnight, i know many of you will be planning parties to celebrate tonight's passing of the old and into the new and Sam has got a wonderful project depicting old and new.



Party Time By
Sam Crowe
Items Used

8"by8" Card Stock
SplodgeAway Mat
Papers - Sketchbook by American Craft
Stamps by Crafty Individuals,
& Free in Creative Stamping Magazine
& Docraft
Inks - Ranger Distress Evergreen Bough
         Adirondack - Mountain Rose
Gems from Suzicraft
Glitter Glue - Dovecraft
Glossy Accents

Whats it about

This card started off in my head as a card of different images that remind us of parties or in particular New Years Eve parties and days gone bye - Days gone bye when you like Vintage inevitably goes back further than I can remember!!! So it all ended up being a bit Art Nouveau and as that is the latest upcoming (or actually I think it has arrived) trend its not surprising that my images leaned toward it.

Methods used

I Stamped the background of the main card with the diamond stamp and stamped the words Party randomly over it.  I then cut out (by eye) the patterned paper to fill the card except for a piece at the top which was going to be left as it was.  I then cut out the background squares and oblongs and decided where they would sit on the card.  Once I had decided this I then placed my stamps over each piece and decided which would be my centrepiece.  Once that was decided I individually stamped them and put them in place.  I then decorated them all at the same time so that I could put it aside to dry.  I decorated with the gems, glitter glue and Glossy Accents.



The tag came about because when I placed the patterned paper on the card I had only glued two sides  to make sure I got it straight before sticking the others down, however I pulled a little tight from the opening to the join of the card and this immediately made me think that it left a great opening for the "Party Invite" or "Party Reply" to slip into.  So to make that I of course glued down the bottom of the slot and made a tag, stamped Party on it in the centre and used a card that I had got a Vintage fridge magnet out of - it left the perfect hole, so I stuck that down and filled the centre with glossy accents which makes it look quite plush!



I know this project is a little crowded but Hopefully so will the party be!!!!

Bye for now
Sam

6 comments:

  1. Lovely way to end 2012. Happy and healthy New yeaar everyone.

    Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Val - what a lovely thing to say. Hope you have a great New Year.

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year Sam. Lovely concept this card and the colours are beautiful, Hope not to long before we meet up again.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card/tag! Sam... I hope 2013 will be all that you wish it to be.....happy crafting.
    Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! Happy New Year to you too xx

    ReplyDelete