Sunday 30 December 2012

Happy New Year, party time with Kay

New Year is a reason to celebrate and for new beginings, we are starting of the tradition with our party and new begining  themed cards.

Kay is bringing in the New Year with her gorgeous Humphries Corner card.



PARTY TIME

Materials Used

8x8 card blank
SplodgeAway Easy Ink Card
SplodgeAway swirl mask
Distress Inks in squeezed lemonade, picked raspberry, shaded lilac, seedless preserves and peacock feathers.
Spellbinders edgability Classic Scallop die
five co ordinating buttons
Free papers from papercraft essentials magazine featuring Humphrey the elephant
Sakura pink sparkle pen


To make this card I first embossed the easy ink paper with the swirl mask. I then used masking tape to keep the mask in place on the paper before I used my distress inks to randomly colour the mask. This needs to be done very slowly and carefully so as not to disturb the pattern on the mask. I used all of the coloured inks except seedless preserve.
I then cut out the Classic Scallop die and used the shaded lilac to colour the straight edge and then squeezed lemon to colour the scalloped edge. I then went over the edge of the lemon with the picked raspberry.
The images and tag were then cut out and edged with the picked raspberry and the word party written onto the tag with the Sakura pen. The two images were then layered over each othe and glued to top left of swirl card. The scallop glued across card underneath and the tag attached using foam pads.
The buttons were then glued to each corner and on the tag.
Before attaching to card I also lightly went aroung the edge of the finished topper with seedless preserve to take of the starkness, this may not be needed as it depends on how you distress the base card.

thank you for taking the time to view.
Happy Crafting
Kayx

5 comments:

  1. Hi. I really like Humphrey. Such a pretty card.

    Val in Spain xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, such a bright and cheery card.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute Kay ... very pretty indeed..x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kay me and you are weird? When I first went to do this card a picked up the same image but the one where they are in a line!! Glad I didn't use it cos you have done a great job here.

    ReplyDelete