Monday 7 October 2013

A New Week

Craft-Cycle Week
I do apologise I scheduled this post for the 26th October?? Obviously baby brain!

Good Morning Splodgy Splodgers,



How are you all? Did you enjoy the weekend? I know there was a few craft fairs on and lots on T.V. shows so I am sure you weren't bored!

Well Done to Crafty Chris on winning the blog candy :-)

This weeks theme is 'Craft-Cycle!' We all end up with lots of unwanted materials when we craft and with 'recycling' being so popular now we decided to spend a week on the blog showcasing projects that have being created using recycled materials that we would usually throw out. When we bought Hollys milk cartons in bulk they came in corrugated card boxes, I try my hardest to recycle and my bags are always popping come pick up day so I used some in my scrapbooking which I will share later in the week. When Kay from Indigo-Blu came to Suzicraft for a demo day she found some old rusty screws outside so she used them on a mannequin and it looked so effective. So...enough babbling from me....Kathleen is first this week to showcase her project using a inner tube from wrapping paper.

"Using the inner tube from a roll of wrapping paper I inked the 8x8" Brick Mask and 
embossed with a die cutting machine. 
I then cut some spellbinders leaves which I inked using walnut stain and my 
SplodgeAway Mat. I cut 3 circles out of the same card and made flowers with them.
 The  white flowers were cut from the left over pieces of tissue from another 
project.  An off cut of card, spellbinders circle and indigo Blu stamp gave me the
 sentiment which was inked with fired brick and my SplodgeAway Mat"


Why don't you try using some cardboard tubes on your creations and email them over to susan@suzicraft.com. We would love to see your projects using re-cycled goodies and we will post them onto the blog.

Thank you Kathleen for a great card. I love the tube idea, saves money on buying kraft paper or card.

Check back tomorrow to see what Angela has used on her project.

Have a lovely day and thank you for calling by,

Susan xx

11 comments:

  1. Fab card Kathleen - all those pesky scrap bits we cant bare to throw away :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Kathleen - all those pesky scrap bits we cant bare to throw away :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea, and a fab result xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of what might have been thrown away. Nice and firm to work on and great result xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. kathleen this is a great card. Love the brick wall.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cool, I love the colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea to use the tube! I love the brick wall effect too, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your Congratulations for winning the blog candy, I can't wait for it to arrive! This project is fabulous - the bricks look so real! Fab! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card and love the brick work effect in the background...just fab!!
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful artwork, really clever recycling and the brick effect looks fab
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete