Sunday 27 May 2012

Letting Off Steam

We're doing things a bit different on the SplodgeAway Blog this week. This week we shall be posting something different everyday as the amazing DT has been working really hard and put together some fantastic samples and tutorials. I would like to give them more credit so we're now posting daily. That means you can pop back here for a dose of daily inspiration..... this week the DT have been playing with the SteamPunk Frame. This has versatility written all over it and hopefully you'll see the different ways it has been used. So without further ado let me introduce you to another newbie........ Nicki...


 
A Few Things You Need To Know About Nicki.....

Favourite Crafting Product? 

Stamps – I have never grown out of my love of colouring in pictures! I would say 99% of my cards feature a stamped image as the main focal point and on the rare occasions I make a simpler card without an image, I can’t shake the feeling that there’s something missing.

Crafting influence?

The world of blogging – I’ve been inspired so much by all the fabulously talented cardmakers who share their gorgeous creations on their blogs. I also love to enter blog challenges as they’re a great way to kick-start your creativity when you’re short of ideas.

3 words to describe me?

I would have to say Creative, Obsessive, and Organised (my craft area has to be tidy, I can’t work if it’s messy and I even file my card scraps by colour!)

How Do You Feel About Working on The SplodgeAway DT?

I love how the SplodgeAway products work brilliantly to enhance my favourite techniques, but I’m also looking forward to being pushed out of my comfort zone a bit, trying different products and learning new things.

Nicki has a come up with a very clean style for us this week. Leave your comments and let us know your thoughts.

You Will Need:
SplodgeAway Mask – Clockwork Frame
Distress Inks – Tea Dye, Vintage Photo, Antique Linen
Stamps - pocket-watch and sentiment
Dies / punches - cogwheels (mine are actually flowers!), chain, oval
Colouring pencils
How To:
Emboss a square of pale brown cardstock with the SplodgeAway Clockwork Frame mask, and then use your SplodgeAway Mat to blend Tea Dye and Vintage Photo Distress Ink onto the cardstock to highlight the embossing. Mat the finished square onto a dark brown panel then onto a cream square card blank.
 
Cut a piece of cream cardstock to fit within the frame area of the design, stamp it randomly with a pocket-watch design using Tea Dye ink, blend the edges with Antique Linen and Tea Dye inks. Stamp the pocket-watch on a scrap of card and cut it out, colour with pencils and fix to your stamped panel with 3D foam pads.
 
Die cut some cogs and chains from black cardstock, add gold circle stickers to the centres, and fix them to your card.
Stamp your sentiment onto a scrap of card, distress with inks and cut out with an oval punch or die. Fix to your card with 3D foam pads.

1 comment: